Skiguard USA Warranty and Disclaimer Information
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Skiguard will warranty all Skiguard brand Ski & Cargo Boxes and its accessories manufactured by Skiguard during the time that an original retail purchaser owns the product. This warranty terminates if a purchaser transfers the product to any other person. Subject to the limitations and exclusions described in this warranty, Skiguard will remedy defects in materials or workmanship by repairing or replacing, at its option, a defective product without charge for parts or labor. In addition, Skiguard USA may elect, at its option, not to repair or replace a defective product but rather issue to a purchaser a refund equal to the purchase price paid for the product, or a credit to be used toward the purchase of a new Skiguard Ski & Cargo Box. No warranty is given for defects caused by normal wear and tear, cosmetic rust, scratches, accidents, unlawful vehicle operation, or modification of, or any types of repair of, a load carrier system other than those authorized by Skiguard USA. No warranty is given for defects resulting from conditions beyond Skiguard USA’s control including, but not limited to, misuse, overloading, or failure to assemble, mount or use the product in accordance with Skiguard USA’s written instructions or guidelines included with the product or made available to the purchaser. This warranty is only valid for Skiguard products bought in the United States of America and Canada with its origin from Skiguard USA, Inc.
In the event that a product is defective, the purchaser should contact the Skiguard representative from whom the product was purchased. If the retailer is not able to correct the defect, the purchaser should contact Skiguard USA in writing or by phone using the contact information listed on www.skiguard.com or provided by the retailer. In the event that a product needs to be returned to Skiguard, a Skiguard representative will provide the purchaser with the appropriate mailing address and any
additional instructions. Please note that the purchaser will be responsible for the cost of shipping th
e product to Skiguard USA and that proof of purchase in the form of an original purchase invoice or receipt and a detailed description of the defect must be included in the shipment.
Disclaimer of Liability
REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT OR THE ISSUANCE OF A REFUND OR CREDIT (AS DETERMINED BY SKIGUARD USA) IS A PURCHASER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS WARRANTY. DAMAGE TO A PURCHASER’S VEHICLE, CARGO AND/OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR PROPERTY IS EXCLUDED. THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY MADE IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SKIGUARD USA’S SOLE LIABILITY TO ANY PURCHASER IS LIMITED TO THE REMEDY SET FORTH ABOVE. IN NO EVENT WILL SKIGUARD USA BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SALES, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR FOR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
When using Skiguard Ski & Cargo Box and accessories, the user must understand and follow the precautions as set forth in this and other documents made available to the user.
- For best fitment and safety, use only cross bars that are made to fit your vehicle and its intended use. Do not assume a cross bars set will fit, always check with the manufacturer and your Skiguard representative before installing.
- Always check with manufacturer of cross bars and vehicle to ensure that load capacity will not be exceeded. Load carriers do not increase gutter or roof strength and failure to follow their recommendations can be dangerous.
- Always make sure all doors can open as intended and that rear hatch has enough clearance to open without interference.
- Make sure all knobs, bolts, screws, straps, and locks are firmly attached, tightened and locked before every trip. Knobs, bolts, screws, straps and locks must be periodically inspected for signs of wear, corrosion, and fatigue. Check your load at stops during the trip to ensure continued fastening security.
- Check local and state laws governing projection of objects beyond the perimeter of a vehicle, if applicable. Be aware of the width and height of your cargo since low clearance branches, bridges, and parking garages can damage the Ski & Cargo Box as well as you vehicle. All cargo will affect the vehicle’s driving behavior. Never drive with any lock, knob or rack in an open or unlocked position.
- Remove your Skiguard Ski & Cargo Box and accessories when they are not in use. Before entering automatic carwashes ensure that it is programmed to clear roof racks, roof boxes, and other accessories.
- All locks must be turned and moved periodically to ensure smooth operation. Use graphite or dry lubricant to help this and to avoid freezing during cold weather. Skiguard locks are designed to deter vandalism and theft, but should not be considered theft proof. Remove valuable gear if your vehicle is unattended for an extended period of time. Place at least one key in the glove compartment.
- For safety to your vehicle and rack system, obey all posted speed limits and traffic cautions. Adapt your speed to the conditions of the road and the load being carried. Be especially aware of strong side-winds.
- Do not use Skiguard Ski & Cargo Boxes and accessories for purposes other than those for which they were designed. Do not exceed their carrying capacity. Failure to follow these guidelines or the product’s instructions will void any warranty.
- All Skiguard Ski & Cargo Boxes must be secured using the supplied fasteners.
- Not for offroad use.
- For all standard color Skiguard (white or black): the gelcoat must be polished and sealed using products designed for fiberglass and gelcoated surfaces specifically yearly. Failure to do so may cause fading and loss of shine.
- Consult with your Skiguard representative if you have any questions regarding the operations and limits of our products. Review all instructions information carefully.